Happy president's day everyone!
Since the kids are off school today we are headed to a local pottery studio to paint some pottery with friends.
This past weekend was CRAZY busy! Remember a couple weeks ago when I mentioned my husband was sketching out plans for our future kitchen remodel, well the future arrived Friday. My husband can be a bit impulsive and decided to start our kitchen NOW! We've been working on it all weekend and it already looks so much better.
Today I'm going to show you just one side of our kitchen and the changes we've made in just three short days.
Here are our plans for this part of the kitchen.
1. add upper and lower cabinets to this wall for storage.
2. tear down this small pantry and build a bigger corner pantry.
3. get new counter depth refrigerator and move it down the wall to make room for larger pantry.
4. remove tiny upper cabinet and replace with larger one.
5. and 6. remove these cabinets and replace with slightly smaller ones to accommodate moving the frig down.
Makes me tired just thinking about it.
We've been working for three days and this is what it looks like right now.
The old pantry has been demolished and the new one framed and drywalled. Some of the new cabinets have been installed. We were on the fence about buying new appliances or working around our old ones, but decided to go ahead and purchase new since this is our forever house and hopefully this will be our only kitchen remodel.
We are so excited about finally getting our dream kitchen (on a budget). Our kids are less thrilled of course they didn't see what was wrong with the old kitchen...lol.
Enjoy your day!