Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DIY wood family sign

 Last week I was thrilled to have made my first wood sign! I love how my "open daily" sign looks in our kitchen. But you had to have known that once I started I wouldn't be able to stop!

I mentioned yesterday that over the weekend my husband helped me cut some more MDF for projects. Well here is my next project... a family sign for our home! Yah! I love it!



It looks perfect hanging over our family room picture gallery.
 
These signs are so easy to make (I wish I had known this earlier). I made this sign the same way I made my sign last week. If you missed that post you can find it here along with step by step instructions.
 
                    Have a great day!        
                                                                                     
                                                                                          Amy 


18 comments:

  1. I love the sign. I would also love for you to stop by and link up at my linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I'm heading over to your party!
      Amy

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic! Heading over to your tutorial!

    -sar @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it . Trying to decide if hanging a family sign on the front door would be a safety concern...like TMI for creepers. But I would really love to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! You should try it though!
      Amy

      Delete
  4. This is adorable!
    I’d love if you would come link this up at From Scratch Friday!

    ~Christina
    www.marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! I know, I'm the same way, once I got started on worded signs, I still haven't stopped!

    Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sign!! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome! Will you be posting a tutorial? Your letters are perfect! And I like where you hung it up too. I have a party going on and I would love if you linked up!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/02/latest-greatest-friday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted to make a wooden sign forever and I don't know why I have put if off for so long. Thanks for sharing at Fabulous Friday. I will be featuring you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey you've been featured!
    http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THIS! I thought I wanted to do a vinyl lettering straight on the wall but I like this idea better now, off to check out your tutorial now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,I love this sign. I'm your newest follower. Come visit me at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love this!!! I want to make a gallery wall for my home now! Thank you so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I have commented on this before,, but I just wanted to let you know I am featuring your awesome sign at today's link party!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/03/thursdays-temptation-link-party-8.html
    JIll

    ReplyDelete
  14. Any chance you could give me the dimensions of the frames you have up? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frames are roughly 14"x17" with mats for a 5x7 photo. I purchased them at Target several years ago! Hope this helps you out!

      Delete